Friday, October 10

Thing #18: Exploring Web 2.0

I was scanning the seomoz.org award winners list and stumbled upon ColorBlender. Back in the day, before I was a student and I had spare time (sigh), I was a volunteer Webmaster and built sites from scratch. I know, what a quaint notion! Anyway, picking complimentary colors is not my strong suit so I relied on a color wheel and my own flawed color sense to create the palette for each site. Why didn't I know about ColorBlender then?

There are several cool tools on the site but my favorite lets you adjust RBG scales to create a color you like, then provides complementary colors including their hex code numbers for XHTML color control. By moving the RGB slides all the colors change at once.

It's almost too easy! Maybe I should have used this site when my wife and I were picking a color scheme for the first floor of our house!