Saturday, November 8

Thing #23: Closing Arguments

Learn & Play has been quite a ride!
  • It was fun. Thing #5 Flickr was the #1 cool Thing, followed by Thing #10, online image generators (I can see myself playing around with those a lot .
  • It was educational. I've gained a new appreciation for the depth and variety of Web 2.0 technologies.
  • It changed me. As I watched the election analysis on CNN this week, much was made of Obama's brilliant strategy to involve young voters via the social Web. Obama's Web site was more than a place to share his values and raise money - it opened opportunities for supporters to meet and get involved. Visitors organized their own meetings and events online. It struck me that's exactly what Web 2.0 is all about: empowering people to communicate and connect. I'm rethinking all the Things I thought I'd never use. Maybe I absolutely have to use them.
Learn & Play was well conceived and executed IMHO, although the idea that we could do it all in 20 minutes a week was off by wide margin. Not to worry, we all took as much time as necessary.

Thanks to Digital Services, Organization Development, and everyone everywhere (as Vocera says) who made this possible or participated. It was great! When does the next discovery exercise begin?

No comments: