Saturday, August 9

Pay No Attention to the Blogger Behind the Curtain

Let's get this party started! The purpose of this blog is:
  • To encourage participation by all peoples interested in non-print media in libraries.
  • To examine defunct library media so that the decisions we make today are well-informed.
  • To discuss the present challenges of analyzing, managing and modernizing media collections.
  • To look toward the future of consumer media, DRM, online distribution models, copyright/permissions issues, etc. and their impact of library media acquisiton and management.
  • To confer, converse, and otherwise hob-nob with my sister and brother library media wizards.

I leave the highly technical IT aspects of media librarianship to other bloggers and to those who wish to comment. I plan to update once a week, more often if I can.

1 comment:

atomicbrewster said...

Hey cool blog so far. I especially like the prog archives. Just the other day I was looking for info on some different obscure bands with little success, then found some surprises in the archives. Take it easy!