Monday, August 11

OverDrive's Going Mo-bile

Check out this August 11 PW article on the OverDrive Digital Bookmobile's kickoff at NYPL. This baby's a digital sandbox on wheels.

There's good news for users of that little Apple music player you may have heard about. Bookmobile visitors were treated to:

... demonstrations of how to download for free its ebooks, audiobooks, music, and video titles onto various mobile devices—including, in the case of the 3000 MP3 audiobook titles OverDrive introduced to its catalog of 20,000 WMA files in June, the iPod.

OverDrive modestly set out to create THE digital content distribution model for libraries. Their commitment to the MWA format for audios kept libraries from penetrating the huge iPod customer base, which must have limited OverDrive's file sales. By adding iPod-compatible files, OverDrive may be on its way to intergalactic domination. It's gonna take a big dog to knock them off their pedestal.

I want my - I want my - I want my MP3s.

No comments: